Dr. Deep Seth is an Associate Professor in the Mechanical Engineering Department at Mahindra University, École Centrale School of Engineering. Prior to joining MU, he was a Ph.D. Researcher in Automation, Production and Robotics at IRCCyN, École Centrale de Nantes. He also had post doc research experience in Exoskeleton robots from Biorob Inc. South Korea.
Dr. Deep Seth have expertise in Robotics, Bio-robots, Medical robots, mobile robots, soft robots and Exoskeleton/exo-suits.
2013 - 2016
- September 2013 – July 2016 – Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.) – IRCCyN, École Centrale de Nantes, France
2011 - 2013
- July 2011 – June 2013 Master’s of Technology: Manufacturing Engineering – National Institute of Technology, Warangal, India
2006 - 2010
- July 2006 – June 2010 Bachelor’s of Technology: Mechanical Engineering – Uttar Pradesh Technical university, Lucknow, India
2004 - 2006
- July 2004 – April 2006 Intermediate (10+2) – DAVIC, Orai, India (Mathematics and Science) – – U.P. Board
2003 - 2004
- July 2003 – April 2004 High School (10th) – DAVIC, Orai, India (Mathematics and Science) – – U.P. Board
- July 2017 to Present: Assistant professor, Mahindra University, Hyderabad
- May 2017 to July 2017: Post doc Researcher, BioRob Inc., Koreatech, Cheonan, South Korea.
- Sravya Koppuravuri, Sukumar Sai Pondari and Deep Seth, "Sign Language to Speech Converter Using Raspberry-Pi", Book:Digital Human Modeling and Applications in Health, Safety, Ergonomics and Risk Management. Human Communication, Organization and Work, Chapter No: 3, Springer Nature(2020) LNCS-12199. Chapter DOI:10.1007/978-3-030-49907-5_3
- Vishal Reddy Gade, Ashish Soni, Bharghava Rajaram, and Deep Seth , "Semi-Autonomous Collaborative Mobile Platform with Pre-Diagnostics for Hospitals", Book:Digital Human Modeling and Applications in Health, Safety, Ergonomics and Risk Management. Human-Robot Interaction, Chapter no. 30, Springer Nature (2020), LNCS 12198. Chapter DOI: 10.1007/978-3-030-49904-4_30
- New Dynamic Muscle Fatigue Model to Limit Musculo-Skeletal Disorder (Accepted/Under Publication), Laval Virtual 2016: International Conference and Exhibition on Virtual Technologies and Uses, (2016). DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1145/2927929.2927935
- Experimental validation of a New Dynamic Muscle Fatigue Model, Springer International Publishing, Switzerland 2016, V.G.Duffy (Ed.): DHM 2016, LNCS 9745, pp 54- 65,2016. DOI: 10.1007/978-3-319-40247-5_6
- Validation of a New Dynamic Muscle Fatigue Model and DMET Analysis, International Journal of Virtual Reality, 2016, 16(01), 22-32, (2016)
Area of Research: Robotics
DST funded Project: Currently Working on the development of an Exo-Skeleton/Exo-Suit for upper extremity (currently working on arm). He have experience in Mechanical, Biomechanics, Mechatronics and Robotics projects with experience in industrial ergonomics human factor study, signal processing and experiment protocol definition.
Experience with bio-mechanics devices and software like Biodex, Ergometer-contrex, Powerlab data acquisition, Pro/E, Matlab and Labchart.
Consultancy Project: Mahindra and MahindraMobile robot application in industrial domain.
Two areas (where prospective PhD can work):
- Biomedical robotics or exoskeleton/wearable devices.
- Mobile robot platform.
Award: Heritage Erasmus Mundus Fellowship Funded by European Union (2013)