Poreddy Chaitanya Akshara
I am an Assistant Professor in the Electrical and Electronics Engineering Department at Mahindra University. I received Ph.D. in the Discipline of Electronics Science from University of Hyderabad, Hyderabad, India in 2020. My PhD working area is VLSI Technology (Fabrication of Semiconductor and Microelectronics devices), during which I have an experience in fabricating and characterizing semiconductor devices and thin film growth in cleanroom (class 100 and class 1000).
Prior to joining MU, I worked as a Visiting Researcher in University of Hyderabad for two years. My research interests are in the area of Fabrication of Semiconductor and Microelectronics devices such as RRAM, MEMS/NEMS, and Fabrication of Flexible Electronic Devices for Neuromorphic computing applications. I am also interested in conducting research in the area of VLSI design.
- July 2014-June 2020: PhD Electronics Science – Centre for Advanced Studies in Electronics Science and Technology (CASEST), University of Hyderabad, Hyderabad.
Thesis title: Studies on Silicon Carbide thin films fabricated by single composite target magnetron sputter deposition for Resistive Random Access Memory (RRAM) and Schottky barrier diode applications.
Supervisors: Prof. M. Ghanashyam Krishna & Prof. G. Rajaram
- Aug 2010 – June 2014: B.Tech in Electronics and Telematics Engineering- G.Narayanamma Institute of Technology and Science (JNTU), Hyderabad
- July 2020- May 2022: Visiting Researcher in Centre for Advanced Studies in Electronics Science and Technology (CASEST), University of Hyderabad, Hyderabad. Worked on CADENCE tool for the VLSI design flow (Semi Custom Design).
- 2015-2019: Teaching assistant for Integrated Circuit and Nano Fabrication (ICnFT) lab course, Semiconductor Processing, Characterization Simulation Lab course for M.Tech, which includes Fabrication and characterization of MESFET in cleanroom (class 100 and class 1000) and Device, process simulator for semiconductor devices using SILVACO tool.
- Worked as a project assistant for “Development of sputtering process for deposition of TiNx Films on soft substrates” funded by UPE-II, University of Hyderabad from May 2016-May 2017.
- P. Chaitanya Akshara, G. Rajaram, M. Ghanashyam Krishna, Characteristics of 21H-SiC thin film based Schottky barrier diodes using TiN contacts, J. Electron. Mater. (2021) doi: 10.1007/s11664-020- 08597-7
- P. Chaitanya Akshara, Nilanjan Basu, Jayeeta Lahiri, G.Rajaram and M.Ghanashyam Krishna, Resistive Switching behaviour of amorphous Silicon Carbide thin films fabricated by a single composite magnetron sputter deposition method, Bull. Mater. Sci. 43, 123 (2020). doi:10.1007/s12034-020-02093-8
- P. Chaitanya Akshara, M. Ghanashyam Krishna, G. Rajaram, Y.Rajesh, Nilanjan Basu, Jayeeta Lahiri, Electric Field Induced Dissociation of SiC Thin Films Leading to the Formation of Nanocrystalline Graphite, Electron. Mater. Lett. 16, 231238 (2020). doi:10.1007/s13391-020-00204-5
- P. Chaitanya Akshara, G. Rajaram, M. Ghanashyam Krishna, Single composite target magnetron sputter deposition of crystalline and amorphous SiC thin films, Mater. Res. Express.5 (2018) 036410 doi:10.1088/2053-1591/aab3b0
- P.Chaitanya Akshara, M.Ghanashyam Krishna, and G.Rajaram, Fabrication and characterization of nanostructured SiC based resistive random access memory devices, International Conference on Nanoscience and Technology (ICONSAT 2018) at Centre for Nano and Soft Matter Sciences, IISC Bengaluru during 21-23 March 2018.
- P.Chaitanya Akshara, M.Ghanashyam Krishna, and G.Rajaram, Fabrication and characterization of SiC based resistive switching devices, International Conference on Nanoscience and Nanotechnology (ICONN 2017) at SRM university, Kattankulathur during 9-11 August 2017.
- P.Chaitanya Akshara, V.Shankernath, M.Ghanashyam Krishna, Growth of crystalline Silicon Nitride thin film by RF Sputtering, Frontier in Physics - 2016 held at University of Hyderabad, Hyderabad during 28-29 March 2016.
- Areas of Interest:
- Fabrication of Semiconductor and Microelectronics devices such as RRAM, MEMS/NEMS
- Fabrication of Flexible Electronic Devices for Neuromorphic computing applications
- VLSI design
- Working Experience of fabricating and characterizing semiconductor devices and thin film growth in cleanroom (class 100 and class 1000).
- Experience in fabrication and deposition techniques such as Optical lithography, Sputtering, Thermal evaporation, e-beam evaporation, Electron-beam lithography, characterization by device analyzer, UV-Vis-NIR spectroscopy, Profilo meter.
- Reviewer of International Journals such as
- Nano Futures (IOP Publisher)
- Journal of Physics: Condensed Matter (IOP Publisher)