Dr. Kamna Pande is an Assistant Professor of Physics at Mahindra University École Centrale School of Engineering. She completed her Ph.D. in the area of Fiber and Integrated Optics from the Indian Institute of Technology Delhi in 2005. Prior to joining MU, she taught at St. Stephens College and Miranda House College in Delhi University. She worked as an Erasmus Mundus Post-doctoral researcher at City, University of London, UK. She has also been with the Physics Department of Jamia Millia Islamia, New Delhi, where she taught both at the undergraduate and post-graduate level.
- 2005: Ph.D. (Fiber and Integrated Optics), IIT Delhi, India
- 1997: M.Sc. (Physics), Lucknow University, India
- 1995: B.Sc., Lucknow University, India
- 2007-08: Guest Faculty, Physics Department, Jamia Millia Islamia, New Delhi
- 2010-15: Assistant Professor, PhysicsDepartment, St. Stephens College, Delhi
- 2016: Assistant Professor, PhysicsDepartment, Miranda House College, Delhi
- 2017: Erasmus Mundus Post-doctoral Researcher, City, University of London, UK
- 2019-20: Assistant Professor, Physics Department, Jamia Millia Islamia, New Delhi
Research Papers in peer reviewed Journals
- S. S. Bobba, N. Hamdouni, K Pande, K. Namassivayane, A. Agrawal and K. T. V. Grattan, “Design and optimization of perovskite plasmonic nano-laser for operation at room temperature,” Journal of Laser Applications, vol. 32, p 022017 (2020).
- R.K. Varshney, A. Singh, K. Pande, and B.P. Pal, “Side-polished fiber-based gain-flattening filter for erbium-doped fiber amplifiers,” Opt. Commun., vol. 271, pp. 441-444 (2007).
- K. Pande, M.R. Shenoy, B.P. Pal, and K. Thyagarajan, “Zero-loss broadband dispersion compensation scheme for G.652 fibers,” Acta Optica Sinica, vol. 23, pp. 92-93 (2003).
- R.K. Varshney, V.K. Singh, K. Pande, M.R. Shenoy, B.P. Pal and K. Thyagarajan, “EDFA gain-flattening using side-polished fiber half-coupler with an overlay waveguide,” Acta Optica Sinica, vol. 23, pp. 243-244 (2003).
- K. Pande and B.P. Pal, “Design optimization of a dual-core dispersion-compensating fiber with high figure of merit and large effective area for dense wavelength-division multiplexed transmission through standard G.655 fibers,” Appl. Opt, vol. 42, pp. 3785-3791 (2003).
- B.P. Pal and K. Pande, “Optimization of a dual-core dispersion slope compensating fiber for DWDM transmission in the 1480-1610 nm band through G.652 single mode fibers,” Opt. Commun., vol. 201, pp. 335-344 (2002).
- P. Jha, P. Kumar and K. Pande, “Harmonic generation in free-electron laser with circularly polarized wiggler and ion-channel guiding,” IEEE Trans. Plasma Sc., vol. 27, pp. 637-642 (1999).
Research Papers in International Conferences
- K. Pande, M.R. Shenoy, B.P. Pal, and K. Thyagarajan, “Gain characteristics of a dual-core erbium-doped dispersion compensating fiber for optical transmission in the C-band,” in Proc. of PHOTONICS-2002, Mumbai, India (Dec. 2002).
- B.P. Pal and K. Pande, “Broadband dispersion compensating fibers for DWDM transmission,” in Proc. of 7th Opto-Electronics and Communications Conference OECC 2002, Yokohama, Japan (Jul. 2002).
- K. Pande and B.P. Pal, “Combating signal distortion in high speed optical communication networks by fiber-based devices,” in Proc. of the National Conference on Advances in Contemporary Physics and Energy, New Delhi, India (Feb. 2002).
- B.P. Pal and K. Pande, “Managing chromatic dispersion for broadband DWDM transmission,” in Proc. of International Conference on Broad Band Optical Fiber Communication Technology (BBOFCT-2001), Jalgaon, India (Dec. 2001).
- K. Pande and B.P. Pal, “Large effective area dispersion compensating fiber for broadband DWDM transmission,” in Proc. Of the Second International Conference and XXVII Annual Convention of the Optical Society of India OPTONICS-2001, Trivandrum, India (Aug. 2001).
- K. Pande, P. Kumar, and P. Jha, “Collective effects in FEL with ion-channel guiding,” in Proc. of National Laser Symposium, Kanpur, India (Dec. 1998).
- P. Kumar, P. Jha, and K. Pande, “Spontaneous Emission and Gain in FEL with Ion-Channel Guiding,” in Proc. of 20th International FEL Conference FEL 98, Williamsburg, VA, USA (Aug. 1998)
A dispersion compensated broadband optical communication link, Patent No. 288638, Date of award 24/10/2017, Authors: Bishnu Pal, K. Pande and K. Thyagarajan.
Current research interests:
Fiber and Integrated Optics, Plasmonics, Photovoltaics
Research Project Completed
Improving the living conditions of the homeless in Delhi: J. Cherian, M. Neerav and K. Pande, St. Stephens College. Delhi University Innovation Projects 2012-13
Trained in the time-of-flight measurement technique at the GSI, Darmstadt, Germany in June 2009
- EU Erasmus Mundus Post-doctoral Fellowship under the INTACT scheme.
- Research fellowship (JRF and SRF) from CSIR, India for pursuing Ph.D.
- Scholarship from MHRD, India, for pursuing Post-Graduation