Mr. Rahul Roy is currently working as an Assistant Professor in the department of Computer Science and Engineering at École Centrale School of Engineering, Mahindra University, Hyderabad in December 2022.
He received his Integrated M.Sc in Computer Science and Engineering from Assam University in year 2009. In 2011, he received his M. Tech. degree in the specialization of Computer Science and Engineering at Kalinga Institute of Technology, Odisha. He is pursuing his Ph.D. program from Jadavpur University.
He is the recipient of University Gold Medal for securing 1st class first position in Integrated M.Sc from Assam University in 2009. He has also received DST young scientist travel award in 2015 for attending Workshop organized at Field’s Institute, Toronto. In PREMI 2021 and ICAIHC 2022, he was awarded with best paper award for presenting two of his research works.
Before joining (MU), he was working as an Assistant professor in GITAM University Hyderabad since December. 2020 and National Institute of Science and Technology, Odisha from February 2019. He worked as research fellow in various projects at Indian Statistical Institute, Kolkata before joining Visvesvaraya PhD fellowship offered by MeitY in 2016.
His research interests include Medical Image Analysis, Computer Vision, Neurocognitive learning, Machine Learning, Natural Language Processing and Computational Intelligence.
- Ph.D (to be submitted soon) from Jadavpur University in Computer Science and Engineering
- M.Tech in Computer Science and Engineering from Kalinga Institute of Technology in 2011 with 9.2 CGPA
M.Sc in Computer Science
- Integrated M.Sc in Computer Science from Assam University in 2009 with 74.3%
Higher Secondary (AISCCE)
- Higher Secondary (AISCCE) from Central Board of Secondary Education in 2004 with 74.2%
- Matriculation (AISSE) from Central Board of Secondary Education in 2002 with 78.3%
2022 -till date
- Assistant Professor in Mahindra University, Hyderabad (December, 2022 -till date)
- Assistant Professor in Gandhi Institute of Science and Technology (December, 2020 -November, 2022)
- Assistant Professor in National Institute of Science and Technology, Odisha, (February, 2019-November 2020)
- Visvesvaraya Research Fellow in Indian Statistical Institute, Kolkata ( March 2016- January, 2019, Funded by: MeitY)
- Project linked Personnel in Indian Statistical Institute in Project titled “Tracking of Moving objects from video sequence using pattern classifiers” (November, 2015- February, 2016)
- Research Fellow in Indian Statistical Institute in Project titled “Processing and Analysis of Aircraft images with Machine Learning Techniques for Locating Objects of Interests” (August 2011- August 2015, Funded by US-Army)
- Roy, R., Ghosh, S., Ghosh, A., Wang, L., & Chan, J. H. (2023). Semantic Segmentation of Cardiac Structures from USG Images Using Few-Shot Prototype Learner Guided Deep Networks. In Ambient Intelligence in Health Care pp. 251-260. Springer, Singapore. (Best Paper Award)
- Roy, R., & Ghosh, S., Speckle De-noising with Local Oriented Structure for Edge Preservation in Ultrasound Images, 9th Pattern Recognition and Machine Intelligence, (PReMI, 2021), Kolkata, 2022 (Accepted, Best Paper Award)
- Roy, R., Ghosh, S., & Ghosh, A.,(2018) Salient Object Detection based on Bayesian Surprise of Restricted Boltzmann Machine, 11th Indian Conference on Computer Vision, Graphics and Image Processing, No. 46, Pages 1–8 , (ICVGIP 2018), Hyderabad, 2018, doi.org/10.1145/3293353.3293399 .
- Roy, R., Ghosh, S., Ghosh, A., Clinical Ultrasound Image Standardization using Histogram Specification. Computers in Biology and Medicine, vol 120, (2020), doi:https://doi.org/10.1016/j.compbiomed.2020.103746.
- Roy, R., Ghosh, S., Ghosh, A., Speckle de-noising of clinical ultrasound images based on fuzzy spel conformity in its adjacency. Applied Soft Computing, 73, 394-417 2018.
- Subba, P., Ghosh, S., & Roy, R., (2017) Partitioned-Based Clustering Approaches for Single Document Extractive Text Summarization, In proceedings of International Conference on Mining Intelligence and Knowledge Exploration, pp.297-307, Hyderabad.
- Roy, R., Ghosh, S., Cho, S. -B., & Ghosh, A.,(2017) Despeckling with Structure Preservation in Clinical Ultrasound Images Using Historical Edge Information Weighted Regularizer, In proceedings of International Conference on Mining Intelligence and Knowledge Exploration, pp. 144-155, Hyderabad.
- Dehuri, S., Roy, R., Cho, S. −B, Ghosh, A., An improved swarm optimized functional link artificial neural network (ISO−FLANN) for classification. Journal of Systems and Software 85(6): 1333-1345, 2012
- Roy, R., Dehuri, S., Cho, S. −B., A novel particle swarm optimization algorithm for multi-objective combinatorial optimization problem. International Journal of Applied Metaheuristic Computing, 2(4): 41-57, 2011
- Das, M. N., Roy, R., Dehuri, S., Cho, S. −B., A new approach to associative classification based on binary multi-objective particle swarm optimization., International Journal of Applied Metaheuristic Computing, 2(2): 51-73, 2011
- Roy, R., & Ghosh, A.,(2014) Rule induction based object tracking. In proceedings of Advances in Computing, Communications and Informatics, pp. 1871 - 1875, Delhi
- Roy, R., Das, M.N., Dehuri, S., (2011) A Combinatorial Multi-objective Particle Swarm Optimization based Algorithm for Task Allocation in Distributed Computing Systems, In proceedings of International conference on Advanced Computing and Communication (ACC 2011), pp. 113-125, kochi
- Dehuri, S., Roy, R., & Cho, S. -B (2011) An Adaptive Binary PSO to Learn Bayesian Classifier for Prognostic Modelling of Metabolic Syndrome, In proceedings of the 13th annual conference companion on genetic and evolutionary computation, pp. 495-502, Dublin, Ireland
- Mishra, B., Addy, A. K., Roy, R., dehuri, S., & Cho, S. B. (2011). Parallel Multiobjective Genetic Algorithm for Associative Classification Rule Mining. In proceedings of International Conference on Communication Computing and Security (ICCCS 2011). pp. 409-414, Rourkela.
- Mishra, B., Roy, R., Dehuri, S., & Cho, S. (2011). Serial and Parallel Genetic Based Learning Algorithm for Bayesian Classifier to Predict Metabolic Syndrome. In proceedings of the Fourth Annual ACM Bangalore Conference (COMPUTE 2011). pp. 1:1–1:6, Bangalore 2011
Rahul Roy (PI), A Computer Vision based Tool for Understanding History from Artwork and Iconography depicted in the Indian Monuments, GITAM Research Seed Grant (Grant no: 2021/0119), 2022 (Rs 1.40 lacs)
- Medical Image Analysis
- Computer Vision and Image Processing
- Neurocognitive Learning
- Machine Learning
- Natural Language Processing
- Computational Intelligence