Soumya Ranjan Jena
Mr. Soumya Ranjan Jena is currently working as Faculty Associate in the
Department of Computer Science and Engineering at the École Centrale School
of Engineering, Mahindra University, Hyderabad, India. He received his M. Tech
degree in Information Technology form Utkal University, Bhubaneswar,
Odisha, India in the year 2013, B. Tech in Computer Science and Engineering
degree from BPUT, Rourkela, Odisha, India in the year 2010 and also certified
by CCNA and Diploma in Computer Hardware and Networking Management
from CTTC, Bhubaneswar, Odisha, India in the year 2011. He has more than 7
years of teaching experience from various reputed Universities and Colleges in
He is basically an Academician, an Author, a Researcher, a Trainer, a Reviewer
of various International Journals and International Conferences and a Keynote
Speaker. His publications have more than 240 citations, h index of 9, and i10
index of 7 (Google Scholar). He has published 12 international level books,
around 25 international level research articles in various international journals,
conferences, and filed 10 patents. He has been awarded by Bharat Education
Excellence Awards in the year 2022, Excellent Performance in Educational
Domain & Outstanding Contributions in Teaching in the year 2022 and Best
Researcher by Gurukul Academic Awards in 2022. His research interests
include Cloud and Distributed Computing, Internet of Things, Green
Computing, Sustainability, Renewable Energy Resources, Internet of Energy
M. Tech in Information Technology from Utkal
University, Bhubaneswar, Odisha, India.
B. Tech in Computer Science and Engineering for BPUT, Rourkela,
Cisco Certified Network Associate
Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA) and Diploma in Computer
Hardware and Network Management from CTTC, Bhubaneswar, Odisha,
Publication of International Books:
- Machine Learning Concepts for Beginners- Theory and Applications- ISBN: 9786205520673, Scholar’s Press, 2023.
- Internet of Things (IoT)- Theory and Applications- ISBN: 9786205520420, Scholar’s Press, 2022.
- Mastering Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning- ISBN: 9786205519851, Lambert Academic Publishing, 2022.
- Software Requirements and Estimation- ISBN: 9786205515600, Lambert Academic Publishing, 2022.
- Fundamentals of Problem Solving and Python Programming, ISBN: 9786205515617, Lambert Academic Publishing, 2022.
- Introduction to Augmented Reality Hardware- ISBN: 979-8847191791, Amazon.com, 2022.
- Introduction to Quantum Computing and Machine Learning Technologies- ISBN: 979-8201626808, Amazon.com, 2022.
- Mastering Disruptive Technologies- Applications of Cloud Computing, IoT, Blockchain, Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning Techniques”, H P Hamilton Limited, U.K, ISBN: 978-1-913936-23-5, 2021.
- Theory of Computation and Application (2nd Edition)- University Science Press, Laxmi Publications Pvt. Ltd, New Delhi, ISBN: 978- 81-86202- 15-4, 2020.
- Design and Analysis of Algorithms- University Science Press, Laxmi Publications Pvt Ltd, New Delhi, ISBN: 978-93-5274-311-7, 2018.
- Digital Electronics for Beginners- ISBN: 9798201885328, Draft2Digital LLC, 2022.
- Microprocessor and Microcontroller-, ISBN: 9798351522777, Amazon.com, 2022.
Patents/ Copyright/Design Filed/Granted/Registered:
- Title of the Invention: Computer Implemented Method for Urban Traffic Management using Machine Learning, 22nd November 2019, Application No- 201911046972. (Indian Government Patent, Published).
- Innovation Patent: Smart Assisting Device for Deaf-Blindness to Shop at Supermarket, 14th March 2021, Application No- 2021101326. (Australian Government Patent-Granted).
- Title of the Invention: Artificial Intelligence and IoT Based Efficient Management of Economical Vehicles Utilized on Sharing Basis, 23 July 2021, Application No- 202141031999 (Indian Government Patent, Published).
- Title of the Invention: Efficient Assessment of Earthquake Damage using Deep Learning, Application No- 202111026776 (Indian Government Patent, Published).
- Title of Copyright: Cyber Crime Rate Prediction using Deep Learning and AI, Registration no-1193891, (Canadian Copyright), Registered on 06th June 2022.
- Title of Copyright: Cyber Security in 5G Wireless Communication Network Based on Deep Learning with Optimization Algorithm, Registration no-1200055, (Canadian Copyright), Registered on 08th Feb 2023.
- Title of Copyright: Smart Fertilizer Management using Artificial Intelligence, Diary No- 4005/2023- CO/L, (Indian Copyright), Filed on 15th Feb 2023.
- Title of Patent: A Method for Sustainable Green Energy Optimization for Edge Cloud Computing with Renewable Energy Resources”, Application No- 202341018507 (Indian Government Patent), Filed on 18th March 2023.
- Title of Patent: Sustainable Green Energy Optimization for Edge Cloud Computing with Renewable Energy Resources, Application Reference Number: SABLIP322 (South Africa Government Patent), Filed on 10th April 2023.
- Title of Design: Device to Identify Financial Loan Eligibility of a Person, Application Reference Number: 6274741 (UK Design), Filed on 10th April 2023.
Publication of Research Papers: (International Conferences)
- Bhushan Dewan and Soumya Ranjan Jena, “The State-of-the-Art of Social, Mobility, Analytics and Cloud Computing- An Empirical Analysis”, IEEE, ICHPCA-2014, Bhubaneswar, December 22-24, 2014.
- Soumya Ranjan Jena and Bhushan Dewan, “Improving Quality of Service Constraints of Cloud Data Centers”, IEEE, INDIACom- 2015, New Delhi, pp. 209-214, March 12, 2015.
- Soumya Ranjan Jena, Swagatika Tripathy, Tarini Prasad Panigrahy, Mamata Rath, “Comparison of Different Task Scheduling Algorithms in Cloud Computing Environment using Cloud Reports”, Smart Intelligent Computing and Applications- Proceedings of the 3rd International Conference on Smart Computing and Informatics, Volume 1, Springer, KIIT University, Bhubaneswar, Dec 21-22, 2018, Odisha.
- Bhushan Dewan, Soumya Ranjan Jena, Swagatika Tripathy, Sukant Kishoro Bisoy, “ISMAC: Past, Present and Future of Digital Technology”, International Conference on Intelligent Computing and Remote Sensing (ICICRS-2019), CVRCE, July 19-20, 2019, Bhubaneswar, Odisha.
- Soumya Ranjan Jena, Bhushan Dewan, Sukant Kishoro Bisoy, “Performance Evaluation of Energy Efficient Power Models for Different Scheduling Algorithms in Cloud using Cloud Reports”, GUCON-2019, September 27-29, 2019, Galgotias University, Greater Noida.
- Soumya Ranjan Jena, Raju Shanmugam, Kavita Saini, and Sanjay Kumar, “Cloud Computing Tools: Inside Views and Analysis”, Elsevier Procedia, Volume 173, ICITETM-2020, Feb. 04-06, 2020, Maharaja Agrasen Institute of Technology (MAIT), New Delhi.
- R.Indrakumari, T. Poongodi, and Soumya Ranjan Jena, “Heart Disease Prediction using Exploratory Data Analysis”, Elsevier Procedia, Volume 173, ICITETM-2020, Feb. 04- 06, 2020, Maharaja Agrasen Institute of Technology (MAIT), New Delhi.
Publication of Research Papers: (Scopus/ Web of Science/ UGC Care/ International Journals)
- Vani Rajsekhar, K Venu, Soumya Ranjan Jena, R. Janani Vartthini, S. Iswaraya, “Detection of Cotton Plant Diseases using Deep Transfer Learning”, Journal of Mobile Multimedia, Volume 18, Issue 2, Nov 2021.
- Soumya Ranjan Jena, Ashok Kumar Yadav, Shrikant Patel, CH M H Saibaba, “Analysis on Mobile Cloud Security and Comparison of Existing Models”, IJCSE, Vol 12, Issue 3 (2021), pp. 580-590.
- S.N. Manoharan, Soumya Ranjan Jena, A. Ilavendhan, “Euclidean Distance Based Similarity Measurement and Ensuing Ranking Scheme for Document Search from Outsourced Cloud Data”, Turkish Journal of Computer and Mathematics Education, Vol.12 No.3 (2021), 4386- 4395.
- Alina Tommy, Shrikant Patel, Soumya Ranjan Jena, Thirunavukkaerasu N, Sanjay Kumar, “The Impact of Covid-19 Pandemic on Global Education”, Solid State Technology, Volume 63, Issue 2S, November 2020, pp. 2224-2234.
- Soumya Ranjan Jena, Stephen Dass A, Raju Shanmugam, Dumanlal Sethi, “Preparing Network for the Multi-Cloud World, IJFGCN, Volume 13, Issue 3, May 2020, pp 2219- 2232.
- Soumya Ranjan Jena, Raju Shanmugam, Adarsh Tyagi, Rajesh Kumar Patjoshi “Implementation of Voice Recognized LED using Arduino Uno”, IJFGCN, Volume 13, Issue 3, May 2020, pp 2233-2241.
- Raju Shanmugam, Rajesh Kumar Patjoshi, Soumya Ranjan Jena, Vishvaketan Gaur, “Desktop Assistant Based on Voice Recognition and Face Detection, IJGDC, Volume 13, Issue 1, July2020, pp. 2020-2030.
- Saatvik Awasthi, Raju Shanmugam, Soumya Ranjan Jena, and Atul Srivastava, “Review of Techniques to Prevent Fake Accounts on Social Media”, IJAST, Volume 29, Issue 4, July 2020, pp. 8350-8365.
- Soumya Ranjan Jena, Raju Shanmugam, Rajesh Kumar Dhanaraj, Kavita Saini, “Recent Advances and Future Research Directions in Edge Cloud Framework”, IJEAT, Volume-9, Issue-2, December 2019, pp 439-444.
- Soumya Ranjan Jena, V. Vijayaraja and Aditya Kumar Sahu, “Performance Evaluation of Energy Efficient Power Models for Digital Cloud”, IJST, Vol9(48), Dec 2016.
- Soumya Ranjan Jena and L. Sridhara Rao. “A Study on Energy Efficient Task Scheduler over Three-Tier Cloud Architecture using Green Cloud”, JARDCS, Vol. 9, Issue No-18, Dec 2017, ISSN: 1943-023X.
- Soumya Ranjan Jena, D. Raghava Lavanya and Sai Sudha Gadde, “Minimization of Execution Time over Cloud Computing Environment using Fuzzy Technique”, JARDCS, Vol. 9, Issue No-18, Dec 2017, ISSN: 1943-023X.
- Raju Shanmugam, Soumya Ranjan Jena, Vishvaketan Gaur, “College Information Chat-Bot System Based on Natural Language Processing”, Journal of Xidian University, Vol. 14, Issue 5, May 2020, ISSN: 1001-2400.
- Soumya Ranjan Jena, Dhruv Saini and Munish Sabharwal, “Personal Edge Cloud Using Raspberry Pi”, Journal of Xidian University, Vol. 14, Issue 5, May 2020, ISSN: 1001-2400.
- Soumya Ranjan Jena, Raju Shanmugam, and Chirag Singhal “Content Management System- Evolution and Uses”, Journal of Xidian University, Vol. 14, Issue 5, May 2020, ISSN: 1001-2400.
- Soumya Ranjan Jena and Zulfikhar Ahmad, “Response Time Minimization of Different Load Balancing Algorithms in Cloud Computing Environment”, IJCA (0975 – 8887), Volume-69, No-17, May 2013 edition.
- Soumya Ranjan Jena, “Bottle-Necks of Cloud Security-A Survey”- IJCA, Vol 85, No 12, January, 2014.
- Soumya Ranjan Jena, Sudarshan Padhy, and Balendra Kumar Garg, “Performance Evaluation of Load Balancing Algorithms on Cloud Data Centers”, IJSER, Vol. 5, Issue 3, March 2014, ISSN: 2229-5518.
- Soumya Ranjan Jena and Sudarshan Padhy, “Minimizing CO2 Emissions on Cloud Data Centers”, IJSER, Vol. 5, Issue 4, April 2014, ISSN: 2229-5518.
- ResearchGate: https://www.researchgate.net/profile/Soumya-Jena-2
- Google Scholar: https://scholar.google.co.in/citations?user=DGHVEg4AAAAJ&hl=en