Self – Confidence is the Key to Success
It is a common saying, Why would others believe in you if you don’t believe in yourself? The secret to building anything in life is to make it a habit. It is said that practising anything for more than 23 days; becomes a habit. There is hardly any person who has succeeded in anything without trusting themselves.
There is an apt saying Faith can move mountains, and a powerful thinking power is what brings together successful and robust performers. Without self-belief, you won’t be able to develop mental strength and strong stamina. Self-doubt should never get in your way.
Because one believes in oneself, one doesn’t try to convince others. Because one is content with oneself, one doesn’t need others’ approval. Because one accepts oneself, the whole world accepts him or her. — Lao Tzu.
People with self-confidence will not have self-doubt and are confident they can make friends or talk to strangers. Even if they make mistakes, they will not self-question themselves and will rise through their mistakes.
Confident people have immense control over their emotions and feelings. Even if they are troubled, they stay calm, focus on what they are doing, and concentrate on their strengths and achievements.
Confidence and success are complementary to each other. The more success you achieve more willpower and your ability in yourself will grow. Thereby more confidence you shall possess to reach higher goals.
How do you Build confidence?
Nothing builds self-esteem and self-confidence like accomplishment. – Thomas Carlyle
- Forgiving yourself is the first step to reaching self-confidence. As humans, it is natural to make mistakes. You should not criticize yourself for it. Accept and forgive yourself.
- Be kind to yourself. Don’t be harsh on yourself.
- Don’t bully yourself or be mean to yourself. None of us like bullies, and we advice others to stand up to them. But we often forget to apply the same advice to ourselves
- Set more realistic goals and not nearing perfect; otherwise, you will always set yourself up for failure by having an unachievable goal.
- Make a list of all your successes and achievements for a week. Whether it be big or small, keep adding to your list. Then, check how you have progressed at the end of the week.
- Create a list of affirmations that help you fight your inner doubts and demons. Create a list of affirmations or positive sayings at the end of the day. Set aside a list of your positive affirmations to yourself so that you feel better.
- Make an effort with your appearance by dressing up well; looking and feeling good majorly increases your confidence.
- Keep a list of your achievements, no matter how small, that will remind you of all the positive things happening in your life.
- Give yourself a single compliment in a day. It will train your mind not always to think negatively.
- It is essential to exercise, no matter how much as it relieves stress, boosts endorphins (the happiness hormone) around your body and brain, and makes you feel better.
- Smile more; your body releases endorphins.
- Always maintain a journal expressing your gratitude.
- To express your emotions, jot down one thing you are grateful for daily. Do this for a week. It will make you understand how much gratitude you have and the positivity you radiate out.
- Eat healthily and have one or two cheat meals monthly, but that’s it.
- Remind yourself it’s okay to deny something when you don’t feel like doing something. You are not a pushover but a human with complex thoughts and feelings.
- Own your achievements. People who achieve tasks feel assured of their abilities.
- Be brave and trust yourself. Sometimes, everyone around would doubt you; the best thing to do is to fight those people and your self-doubt away through self-confidence.
- Educate yourself. Not knowing enough about a topic will make you feel unsure of yourself. Read up on the subject, so you have at least an idea of what it is about.
- Visualize an image of yourself that you are proud of, an image that is confident and calm and successful. It’s a method used by famous athletes such as Michael Phelps.
These are methods and ways to build up your confidence and feel good about yourself. Confidence, if not the key, is one of the keys to success.