Mr. Ani Thomas is an Academic Associate in the department of Creative Sciences – Media at Mahindra École Centrale College of Engineering. Mr. Ani did his Diploma in Film Direction from Film and Television Institute of India, Pune in 2006. Prior to joining MU, he worked as an Associate Professor (Department in Charge) Film Direction, L.V. Prasad Film & TV Academy, Thiruvananthapuram.
FIAF’s (International Federation Of Film Archives) Training Course of Film Preservation and Restoration (2015)
Diploma in Film Direction (2002-2006) Film and Television Institute of India, Pune.
Masters in Communication Studies (Video Production Specialization) (1999-2001) Department of Communication, University of Pune.
B.Sc Visual Communication (1996-1999) Bharathiar University, Coimbatore, Tamil Nadu.
- Academic Associate Media Department Mahindra Ecole Centrale, Hyderabad (September 2018 – Present)
- Associate Professor & Department In Charge, Film Direction, L.V. Prasad Film & TV Academy, Thiruvananthapuram. (August 2014 – August 2018)
- Associated with Children’s Film Academy (Supported by BFI & Cinematheque Francaise), as Mentor & Academic coordinator (2008 – 2018)
Other Positions Held
- Creative Head Feature Films at Katson Motion Pictures Pvt Ltd, Mumbai. (October 2010 – December 2013)
- Creative Consultant & Founding Partner Auralmayhem – A Sound Post Production set up for sound edit and design (January 2010 – December 2013)
- Freelance Screenwriter, Consultant and Director (Since September 2007)
- Creative Consultant and Ad Film Director at Nomad Films, Mumbai (June 2006 – August 2007)
Urban Noir, story of a distressed & lonely man in a metro city, seeking to avenge the death of a total stranger... (Script development stage)
Urban Noir, A thriller of three criss-crossing lives, stories of survival, loss and longing… (Official Selection for Film bazaar 2010 organised by NFDC
Comedy - In the crowded bylanes of old Delhi, Shukla ji runs a small photo studio as a front for small time crime. Over the years he has groomed a bunch of youngsters in the art of pickpocketing and petty crime. Then one day a girl comes into their midst and then everything collapses.
(Official Selection Chicago South Asian Film Festival 2013
Official Selection Indian Film Festival Of Stuttgart 2013
Official Selection Indian Film Festival of Melbourne 2014)
Comedy, A comedy of a group of crooks who start a TV production house
Urban Pulp, An investigative Pulp Thriller, about a Hardcore arrogant private investigator who gets trapped in a murder case. The Nights A crime thriller set in the urban landscape, looking into its darker sides.
A journey of a man in present through a historical episode
Screenplay funded by Hubert Bal Foundation, Rotterdam.
An adaptation of John Steinbeck’s “Of Mice & Men”, a tragic tale of an unlikely friendship between a small wise guy and a big but not so brainy giant of a man…
And, So Came A Day
(Premiere at the International Film Festival of Kerala, 2006 )
Where From The Words Turn Back
Once Upon A Time
(Official Selection, Indian Panorama, International Film Festival of India, Goa 2004)