Ms. Aparna Singh is the Assistant Professor at the School of Law, Mahindra University. She is pursuing her PhD at National Law University Odisha, Cuttack. Ms. Singh had worked as Assistant Professor of Law at Unitedworld School of Law, Karnavati University, Gandhinagar. Driven by her urge to pursue and excel in research & academics, she was involved in teaching and research assignment since her post-graduation. She worked as Teaching Assistant under Prof. (Dr) Yogesh Pratap Singh during her post-graduation. Ms. Singh is a passionate reader and had been an avid mooter during her law college. She has presented and authored numerous research papers in several national and international conferences held in the premium institutes on the subject area of Freedom of Speech & Expression, Uniform Civil Code, Forward Reservation, Fourth Generation Human Rights, Constitutional Morality, etc. She has also published several research papers. She continues to research on the issues of constitutional philosophies and constitutional promises of access to justice to the people in India.
- Ph.D (Pursuing), National Law University, Odisha.
- Post-Graduate Diploma in Media Laws from NALSAR University of Law (2020).
- LL.M. (Constitutional Law), National Law University, Odisha (2019).
- B.A.LL.B. (Hons.), from Amity University, Lucknow, U.P. (2018).
She was working as an Assistant Professor of Law at Unitedworld School of Law at Karnavati University, Gandhinagar. During her tenure, she taught Legal Methods, Jurisprudence and Constitutional Law. She was also the Co-Director at Centre for Constitutional Law and member of Library Committee. As a part of the Centre she had also organized National Seminar on Right to privacy and Artificial Intelligence. She was also the editor of the inaugural newsletter on various nuances of data protection laws and the right to privacy. She also conducted an online session on COVID-19 & Federal Structure of India for the post-graduate and under-graduate students at Dharmashastra National Law University Jabalpur.
Research Papers/ Book Chapters/ Periodicals:
- Paper titled: Reproductive Rights, Religion and Law: A Study in the Context of Practice of Female Genital Mutilation” published in Volume XVII, No.2, July-December, 2020 issue of Bihar Journal of Public Administration (U.G.C. Care Journal), ISSN: 0974-2735.
- Co-authored chapter titled “(A)Symmetrical Federal Structure of India sans Article 370” published in Book titled Abrogation of Article 370 & Article 35-A Constitutional Analysis by Bharti Publications, New Delhi, edited by Prof. (Dr.) Vijendra Kumar, Prof. (Dr.) Naresh Kumar Vats; ISBN: 978-93-89657-62-3.
- A piece titled “E-Courts: Need of The Hour” published in Newsletter of Economic & Politically Week” (Vol. 55, Issue 18, 2nd May 2020) ISSN- 2349-8846.
- Co-authored paper titled “Need to Criminalize Marital Rape” published in International Journal of Research and Analysis (Vol. 4, Issue 4, 2017) ISSN: 2347-3185.
- Paper titled “Press and Electronic Media: An absolute medium of freedom of speech and expression” published in Vol.3 (2) of International Journal of Socio-Legal Research ISSN: 2393-8250.
Seminars, Conferences and Symposiums:
- Co-Presented paper titled “Climate Refugees and Human Right Crisis” in two-day virtual International Conference organized by School of Law, Adamas University on “Global Ramifications of International Human Rights Challenges and the way forward”. (2021)
- Presented paper titled “Constitutional Protection of Essential Religious Practices in Indian Reformative Secularism” in 6th A.C.S. Constitutional Law Scholars Forum, jointly sponsored by Texas A & M University School of Law & Barry Law Review, U.S.A. (2021)
- Adjudged “Best Presenter” in International Conference on Comparative Constitutional Law organized by Amity University, Noida” on the paper titled “Right to be Forgotten: A Pathway to Robust Data Protection Laws in India”. (2021)
- Co-Presented paper titled “Examining the Contours of National Education Policy vis-a-vis Online Teaching Amidst Covid-19” in the National Conference on Right to Education and N.E.P., 2020 organized by Himachal Pradesh National Law University, Shimla. (2020)
- Presented paper titled “Critical Appraisal of Privacy Laws in India vis-à-vis CCTV Cameras” in Virtual National Seminar organized by Army Law Institute, Mohali. (2020)
- Presented a paper in International E-Conference on Contemporary Issues in Indian Legal System” Exploring the problems & solutions organized by Geeta Institute of Law in 2020 on “Constitutional Morality: A Myth or Reality”. (2020)
- Presented paper in National Seminar organized on Uniform Civil Code organized by IIMT, NOIDA on “Hindrances of Uniform Civil Code in a National Seminar”. (2020)
- Presented paper in National Seminar on Gender Sensitization organized by NUSRL, Ranchi on “Female Genital Mutilation: “An Essential religious Practice or An Absolute Violation of Human Rights”. (2020)
- Presented paper in National Seminar on “Contemporary Challenges in Indian Constitutional Law” organized by Maharashtra National Law University, Aurangabad on “Reservation of Economic Weaker Section: A Pervasive vacuum or Limited Benevolence. (2019)
- Co-Presented paper in International Conference organized by Centre of Human Rights and Subalteram studies (CHRSS), National Law University Delhi on “Democracy: A Servitude to Majoritarianism vis-à-vis Anti Defection law”. (2019)
- Co-Presented paper in National Conference on International Law organized by School of Law, KIIT - “Fourth Generation Human Rights: Sine Qua Non for Individualistic Recognition”. (2019)
- Presented paper in National Seminar on Freedom of Speech & Expression: Contemporary Issues and Challenges organized by Babasaheb Bhimrao Ambedkar (A Central) University, Lucknow on “Press and Electronic Media: An absolute medium of freedom of speech and expression”. (2016)
Faculty Development Program/ Refresher Programs:
- Attended one-week Online International Faculty Development Program on Impact of Covid-19 on Legal Education & Legal Research-Way Forward organized by The Icfai University, Tripurafrom August 8 to August 14, 2021.
- Attended one-week Online Faculty Development Program on “Outcome Based Teaching Learning Methods & Research in Law organized by School of Law, Sharda University, Greater Noida from July 12 to July 17, 2021.
- Attended one-week Virtual Inter-disciplinary Faculty Development Program on Constitutional Values and Fundamental Rights organized by Amity Law School, Amity University, Noida from June 7 to June 12, 2021.
- Attendedtwo-weeks Inter-Disciplinary Faculty Feedback Program on “Research Methodology and Data Analysis” organized by Ramanujan College, Delhi University from May 17 to May 31, 2021 and attained “A+” grade.
- Attended one-week National Virtual Faculty Development Program in Legal Research organized by Christ University, Noida from February 8 to February 14, 2021.
- Attended one-week faculty development Program on Law and Social Sciences organized by NLIU Bhopal and Jagran Lake University, Bhopal from December 14 to December 20, 2020.
- Attended one-week Faculty Feedback Program on “Development and Implementation of MOOCS” organized by Ramanujan College, Delhi University from October 21 to October 27, 2020 and attained “A” grade.
- Attended one-week online FDP on Innovative Teaching Learning Methods & Research in Law” Challenges Ahead organized bySharda School of Law, Sharda University from 13th July, 2020 to 18th July, 2020.
- Attended one-week Faculty Development Programme on Changing Dimension of Legal Education in 21 st Century organized by N.J.Y. Centre for Post Graduate Legal Research, Icfai Law School, Icfai University, Tripura from 29 th June, 2020 to 4th July, 2020.
- Attended 2nd Amity National Faculty Development Programme on Contemporary Changing Dimension in India With Special Reference to Covid-19 (Online) organized by Amity Law School, Amity University, Uttar Pradesh from June 15 to June 21, 2020.
- Constitutional Law
- Criminal Law