My line of research has particular reference to computer modelling and simulation in order to analyze the mechanics of deformation and failure of advanced engineering materials. Some of the materials I have worked on extensively include amorphous alloys, shape memory alloys and metal matrix composites.
- PhD, Mechanical Engineering, Indian Institute of Technology Bombay, India, 2019
- M.S, Aerospace Engineering, Indian Institute of Technology Madras, India, 2011
- B.Tech, Kerala University, India, 2008
- Research Associate, IIT Bombay
- Assistant Professor, Department of Mechanical Engineering, Mar Baselios College of Engineering and Technology, Trivandrum
- Engineer, GKN Aerospace India, Bangalore
- Martensite stabilization in bulk metallic glass composites with shape memory crystals, Tianbing He, S. Gouripriya, Parag Tandaiya, Tiwen Lu, Haizhou Lu, Nevaf Ciftci, Volker Uhlenwinkel, Sergio Scudino, Journal of Alloys and Compounds, Volume 929, 2022, 167260, ISSN 0925-8388.
- Mechanistic origins of work hardening in Shape Memory Alloy particle reinforced ex-situ Bulk Metallic Glass Matrix Composites, S Gouripriya and Parag Tandaiya, Scripta Materialia 185(1-6), 2020
- "Micro-mechanical analyses of particle reinforced ex-situ Bulk Metallic Glass Matrix Composites", International Conference on Advances in Mechanical Engineering, ICAME 2020, held at VNIT, Nagpur, January 10 - 11, 2020. In: Kalamkar V., Monkova K. (eds) Advances in Mechanical Engineering. Lecture Notes in Mechanical Engineering. Springer, Singapore.
- Three-Dimensional Unit Cell Study of a Porous Bulk Metallic Glass Under Various Stress States, S Gouripriya and Parag Tandaiya, Journal of Applied Mechanics, 86(6), 061010, 2019.
- "Three dimensional finite element simulations of mechanics of deformation of Shape Memory Alloy reinforced Bulk Metallic Glass Composites", International Conference on Advancements and Futuristic Trends in Mechanical and Materials Engineering, AFTMME 2019, held at IIT Ropar, December 5-7, 2019.
- Mechanisms of compressive deformation and failure of porous bulk metallic glasses, S Gouripriya and Parag Tandaiya, Modelling and Simulation in Materials Science and Engineering, 25(4):045006, 2017.
- "A comparative study on effect fibre volume fraction on ex-situ BMG composites through unit cell simulations", International Conference on Computer Modeling and Simulation, ICCMS 2016, held at IIT Bombay, 27th June- 1st July, 2016.
- "Finite Element Investigations of Mechanisms of Deformation in Porous Bulk Metallic Glasses", Applied Mechanics and Materials Conference, ASME 2015, held at Seattle, 29th June-1st July, 2015.
- "Finite Element Investigations of Mechanisms of Deformation in Porous Bulk Metallic Glasses", Indian National Conference for Applied Mechanics, INCAM 2015, held at IIT Delhi, 13th July-15th July, 2015.
- "Finite Element Investigations of Mechanisms of Deformation in Porous Bulk Metallic Glasses", Mechanical Engineering Graduate Research Symposium, MEGRES 2015, held at IIT Bombay, 21st March 2015.
Deformation and failure of porous bulk metallic glasses
- Developed a 3D unit cell model for porous bulk metallic glasses having a wide range of porosity (2%-60%)
- Quantified damage parameters for low porous Pd based bulk metallic glasses
- Investigated behavior of porous metallic glasses subjected to wide a range of stress triaxialities
- Investigated influence of a friction parameter, strain softening parameter and Poisson’s ratio on porous bulk metallic glasses
Mechanistic origins of work hardening in shape memory alloy reinforced bulk metallic glass composites
- Developed a 3D unit cell model for shape memory alloy particle reinforced bulk metallic glass composites
- Implemented user material subroutines for shape memory alloys and bulk metallic glasses, tested using benchmark problems
- Elucidated the mechanistic origins of work hardening behavior exhibited by shape memory alloy bulk metallic glass composites
Deformation behavior of ex-situ bulk metallic glass composites
- Developed a 3D unit cell model for fiber reinforced ex-situ bulk metallic glass composites for a wide range of fiber volume fraction (0-60%)
- Developed a full model for 20% fiber reinforced bulk metallic glass composite
- Performed parametric studies on the ex-situ bulk metallic glass composites with varying volume fraction and reinforcement material