Dr. Yayati Gupta is an Assistant Professor in the Computer Science & Engineering Department at Mahindra University École Centrale School of Engineering. She is also an instructor for a couple of NPTEL/SWAYAM courses (Social Networks, Joy of Computing).
She holds a Ph.D. in Computer Science and Engineering from Indian Institute of Technology Ropar (November 2017). Her research primarily focuses on Social Network Analysis and Complex Networks. The major research projects include “Modeling Information Diffusion” and “Understanding Virality of Internet Memes” in online social networks.
2012 – 2017
- 2012 – 2017 : Ph.D., Indian Institute of Technology Ropar.
Thesis title: Dynamics of information diffusion on online social networks.
- GATE 2012 (99.3 Percentile).
2008 – 2012
- 2008 – 2012 : B.Tech. Computer Science, M.D. University, Rohtak
- Assistant Professor, Indian Institute of Information Technology Dharwad (August 2019 – June 2020)
- Co-Instructor (with Prof. SRS Iyengar, IIT Ropar), Joy of Computing using Python, NPTEL (Spring and Fall 2020)
- Postdoctoral Researcher, Indian Institute of Technology Delhi (August 2018 – July 2019)
- Senior Project Officer, National Programme on Technology Enhanced Learning (NPTEL), Indian Institute of Technology Madras (May 2018 – July 2018)
- Teaching Assistant (with Prof. SRS Iyengar, IIT Ropar), Social Network Analysis, NPTEL (Fall 2017, Spring 2018)
- Teaching Assistant, CSE Department, IIT Ropar (August 2012 – August 2017)
- Shrivastava, Somyadeep, Dheeraj Chaudhary, Yayati Gupta, and Sanatan Sukhija. "Cost Effective Influence Maximisation." In 2021 International Conference on COMmunication Systems & NETworkS (COMSNETS), pp. 90-93. IEEE, 2021.
- Gupta, Y., Iyengar, S. R. S., Saxena, A., & Das, D. (2019). Modeling memetics using edge diversity. Social Netw. Analys. Mining, 9(1), 2:1–2:17.
- Roy, P., Gupta, Y., Ramawat, P., K, R., & Iyengar, S. R. S. (2018). A longitudinal study of public emotions during demonetization in india, In Proceedings of the 10th annual meeting of the forum for information retrieval evaluation, FIRE 2018, gandhinagar, india, december 06-09, 2018, ACM.
- Kompala, N., Iyengar, S. R. S., & Gupta, Y.(2017). Are we birds of the same feather?, In Proceedings of the 18th international conference on distributed computing and networking, hyderabad, india, january 5-7, 2017, ACM.
- Gupta, Y., Das, D., & Iyengar, S. R. S. (2016). Pseudo-cores: The terminus of an intelligent viral meme’s trajectory, In Complex networks VII - proceedings of the 7th workshop on complex networks, complenet 2016, dĳon, france, march 23-25, 2016, Springer.
- Gupta, Y., Saini, J. S., Sridhar, N., & Iyengar, S. R. S. (2016). Shifting behaviour of users: Towards understanding the fundamental law of social networks, In 8th international conference on communication systems and networks, COMSNETS 2016, bangalore, india, january 5-10, 2016, IEEE.
- Gupta, Y., Saxena, A., Das, D., & Iyengar, S. R. S. (2016). Modeling memetics using edge diversity, In Complex networks VII - proceedings of the 7th workshop on complex networks, complenet 2016, dĳon, france, march 23-25, 2016, Springer.
- Saxena, A., Iyengar, S. R. S., & Gupta, Y.(2015). Understanding spreading patterns on social networks based on network topology, In Proceedings of the 2015 IEEE/ACM international conference on advances in social networks analysis and mining, ASONAM 2015, paris, france, august 25 - 28, 2015, ACM.
Social Networks Analysis and Complex Networks.
- Impact of community and core-periphery structure on the propagation and virality of a meme.
- Modeling the shifting behaviour of users from one Online Social Network to another.
- Studying and improving Massive Open Online Courses.
- Understanding the Bipartite network of Indian corporate system.
- Studying Message listenership network of an interactive voice response system, Gram-Vaani.
- Intertwining of Community Structure and Core-Periphery Structure.
- Identifying the core nodes in a network based on local information.
- Information Diffusion on Multilayer Networks.
- Spread of misinformation through echo-chambers and filter-bubbles.
- Modeling the sociological impact of a social network.
International Conference Attended:
- IEEE Symposium Series on Computational Intelligence (IEEE-SSCI), Bengaluru, India, 2018.
- IEEE Symposium Series on Computational Intelligence (IEEE-SSCI), Cape Town, South Africa, 2015.
- IEEE World Congress on Computational Intelligence (WCCI), Beijing, China, 2014.
- Third Annual World Conference on Soft Computing (WCSC), San Antonio, Texas, USA, 2013.
- International Conference on Soft Computing and Problem Solving (SocPros), IIT Roorkee, 2011.
- International Conference on Recent Trends in Information Technology (ICRTIT), Anna University, Chennai, 2011.
- Social Computing Course, IIT Ropar (February 2020).
- Workshop on Graphs and Complex Networks 2020 (WGCN-2020), Cochin University of Science and Technology (CUSAT), Kochi, Kerala (February 2020).
- Workshop on Social Network Analysis, The NorthCap University, Gurugram (October 2019).
- Workshop on Social Media and Data Analytics, TEQIP-III, Aligarh Muslim University (March 2019).
- Research Methodology Workshop, IIT Ropar (2013).
- Networks and Games (NAG) Workshop, IIT Ropar (2015).
- Summer School on Social Networks, IIT Ropar (2017).
- Journal of Computational Science
- Social Network Analysis and Mining