Gourav Saha is an Assistant Professor in the Department of Computer Science and Engineering of Mahindra University. His broad research area is decision and control theory. He has applied tools from control theory, nonlinear programming, adversarial online algorithms, game theory, and Markov decision processes to solve various problems related to networking systems.
2015 – 2020
- Ph.D. in Electrical, Computer and Systems Engineering, Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute, 2015 – 2020. Thesis title: An Optimization Approach to the Economics of Efficient Multi-Tiered Spectrum Sharing
2013 – 2015
- MS (by research) in Electrical Engineering (Control Systems specialization), Indian Institute of Technology Madras, 2013 – 2015.
2008 – 2012
- BE in Electronics and Instrumentation Engineering, Madras Institute of Technology, 2008 – 2012.
2021 – 2022
- Postdoctoral Research Associate, School of Electrical and Computer Engineering, Purdue University, 2021 – 2022.
2020 - 2021
- Postdoctoral Scholar, Department of Electrical Engineering, The Ohio State University, 2020 – 2021.
2017 – 2020
- Teaching Assistant, Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute, 2017 – 2020.
- Research Intern, IBM Research Bangalore, May 2017 – August 2017.
- G. Saha and Alhussein A. Abouzeid, “Optimal Spectrum Partitioning and Licensing in Tiered Access under Stochastic Market Models,” in IEEE/ACM Trans. on Networking, vol. 29, pp. 1060-1073, 2021.
- G. Saha, Alhussein A. Abouzeid, Z. Khan and M. Matinmikko, “On the Optimal Duration of Spectrum Lease in Exclusive License Markets with Stochastic Demand,” in IEEE/ACM Trans. on Networking, vol. 29, pp. 1948-1961, 2021.
- G. Saha and Alhussein A. Abouzeid, “Optimal Joint Partitioning and Licensing of Spectrum Bands in Tiered Spectrum Access under Stochastic Market Models,” in International Symposium on Modeling and Optimization in Mobile, Ad Hoc, and Wireless Networks, pp. 1-8, 2020.
- G. Saha, Alhussein A. Abouzeid and M. Matinmikko, “Optimal Duration of Spectrum Lease: A Mathematical Approach,” in IEEE International Symposium on Dynamic Spectrum Access Networks (DySPAN), pp. 1-10, 2018.
- G. Saha, Alhussein A. Abouzeid and M. Matinmikko, “Online Algorithm for Leasing Wireless Channels in a Three-Tier Spectrum Sharing Framework,” in IEEE/ACM Trans. on Networking, vol. 26, pp. 2623-2636, 2018.
- G. Saha, Alhussein A. Abouzeid and M. Matinmikko, “Competitive Online Algorithm for Leasing Wireless Channels in 3-Tier Sharing Framework,” in 54th Annual Allerton Conference on Communication, Control, and Computing (Allerton), pp. 792-799, 2016.
- G. Saha and R. Pasumarthy, “Maximizing Profit of Cloud Brokers under Quantized Billing Cycles: A Dynamic Pricing Strategy Based on Ski-Rental Problem,” in 53rd Annual Allerton Conference on Communication, Control, and Computing (Allerton), pp. 1000-1007, 2015.
- G. Saha, R. Pasumarthy and P. Khatavkar, “Towards Analog Memristive Controllers,” in IEEE Transactions on Circuits and Systems I: Regular Papers, vol. 62, pp. 205-214, 2014.
- D. Kannapan, G. Saha, S. Kumar and A. Gulati, “Design of the Attitude Control Subsystem of IITMSAT, a geomagnetic field pointing satellite,” in Proc. AAS/AIAA Space Flight Mechanics Meeting, 2014.
- R. Pasumarthy, G. Saha, F. Kazi and N. Singh, “Energy and power based perspective of memristive controllers,” in 52nd IEEE Conference on Decision and Control, pp. 642-647, 2013.
- S. Somalraju, V. Murali, G. Saha, V. Vaidehi, “Robust railway crack detection scheme (RRCDS) using LED-LDR assembly,” in International Conference on Recent Trends in Information Technology, 2012.
My current research interests include:
- Application of Partially Observable Markov Decision Process and Multi-Armed Bandits to Millimeter Wave Communication.
- Addressing location privacy concerns in spectrum sharing using tools from information theory.
- Game theoretic modeling of strategic valuation of wireless spectrum bands.