Om Prakash Patel
Associate Professor Department of Computer Science & Engineering
Dr. Om Prakash Patel is an as Associate Professor in the Department of Computer Science & Engineering at Mahindra University École Centrale School of Engineering. He has done Ph.D. in computer science and engineering from Indian Institute of Technology Indore, India, in 2018. His current research interests include quantum computing inspired neural network learning algorithm, pattern recognition, hybrid neural network, and deep learning. He has published various journal papers including IEEE Transactions, SCI Indexed Journals of International ranked conferences. He has also received two best paper awards. He is the reviewer of the neural processing letters, soft computing Springer, IEEE SSCI, Inderscience journals, FUZZ-IEEE, IEEE CEC, IEEE IJCNN and many more. He is also working in some projects in the collaboration with the University of Technology Sydney, IIT Indore, CSIR-CEERI Pilani, and C-DAC Pune, ICAR-IISR Indore. He has been invited in several talk in FDP. Prior to joining MU, he worked as an assistant professor (senior grade) in the Department of Computer Science & Engineering at Jaypee Institute of Information Technology Noida.
- Ph.D. (Computer Science & Engineering) from Indian Institute of Technology Indore. (2018)
Dissertation Title: Investigations in Quantum Inspired Neural Network Learning Algorithms
- M.E. (Computer Engineering) Shri G.S Institute of Technology and Science, Indore. (2011)
- B.E. (Information Technology) from University Institute of Technology, RGPV, Bhopal. (2009)
- Currently working as Assistant Professor in Mahindra University, Hyderabad from Aug-2019
- Jaypee Institute of Information Technology, Noida (U.P.) Assistant Professor – January 2019-August 2019.
- KLE Tech University (Hubali, Karnataka.) Assistant Professor – August 2018 to December 2018.
- Jindal Institute of Technology (Raigarh, Chhattisgarh) Assistant Professor – Jan 2013 to December 2013.
- Cap Gemini India Ltd., Mumbai Software Engineer – May 2012 to Dec 2012.
- P. Patel, N. Bharill, A. Tiwari, and M. Gupta, "A Novel Quantum-inspired Fuzzy Based Neural Network for Data Classification," IEEE Transactions on Emerging Topics in Computational Intelligence, DOI: 10.1109/TETC.2019.2901272, PP. 1- 14, 2019. (SCI Index)
- P. Patel, N. Bharill, A. Tiwari et al., " Advanced Quantum Based Neural Network Classifier and Its Application for Objectionable Web Content Filtering," IEEE Access, DOI: 10.1109/ACCESS.2019.2926989, PP. 98069 - 98082, 2019. (SCIE Index)
- Bharill, O. P. Patel, A. Tiwari et al., "A Generalized Enhanced Quantum Fuzzy Approach for Efficient Data Clustering," IEEE Access, DOI: 10.1109/ACCESS.2019.2891956, PP. 1-12, 2019. (SCIE Index)
- Bharill, A. Tiwari, A. Malviya, O. P. Patel, A. Gupta, D. Puthal, A. Saxena, and M. Prasad, "Fuzzy Knowledge Based Performance Analysis on Big Data", Neurocomputing Elsevier, DOI: 10.1016/j.neucom.2018.10.088, 2019. (SCI)
- P. Patel, A. Tiwari, et al., "Enhanced Quantum based Neural Network Learning and its Application to Signature Verification", Soft Computing, Springer, doi.org: 10.1007/s00500-017-2954-3, ISSN: 1433-7479, vol. 23(9), pp. 3067-3080, 2017. (SCIEIndex)
- Saxena, O. P. Patel, et al., "A Review of Clustering Techniques and Developments," Neurocomputing, Elsevier, vol. 267, DOI: 10.1016/j.neucom.2017.06.053, ISSN: 0925-2312, pp. 664-681, 2017. (SCI Index).
- P. Patel, A. Tiwari, V. Bagade, Quantum inspired Stacked Auto-encoder based Deep Neural Network Algorithm (Q-DNN), Arabian Journal for Science and Engineering, Springer, DOI: 10.1007/s13369-017-2907-2, ISSN: 2193-567X, pp. 1-15, 2017. (SCIE Index)
- Bharill, O. P. Patel, and A. Tiwari, "Quantum-inspired Evolutionary Approach for Selection of Optimal Parameters of Fuzzy Clustering," International Journal of System Assurance Engineering and Management, Springer, DOI: https://doi.org/10.1007/s13198-017-0681-x, ISSN: 0975-6809, pp. 1-13, 2017. (Scopus, and Emerging Sources Citation Index)
BOOKS/ CHAPTER EDITED
- P. Patel, A. Tiwari, Ojas Gupta, and Vikram Patel, A Quantum-based Neural Network Classifier and its application for Firewall to Detect Malicious Web Request, IEEE Symposium Series on Computational Intelligence (SSCI), Cape Town, South Africa , pp. 67 - 74, Dec 2015 (Rank C).
- Bharill, O. P. Patel, and A. Tiwari, An Enhanced Quantum-Inspired Evolutionary Fuzzy Clustering, IEEE Symposium Series on Computational Intelligence (SSCI), Cape Town, South Africa, pp. 772 - 779, Dec 2015 (Rank C).
- P. Patel, N. Bharill, and A. Tiwari, A Quantum-Inspired Fuzzy Based Evolutionary Algorithm for Data Clustering, IEEE International Conference on Fuzzy Systems (FUZZ-IEEE), IEEE Computational Intelligence Society Conference (CIS), Istanbul, Turkey, pp. 1 - 8, Aug. 2015 (Rank A).
- P. Patel, and A. Tiwari, Advance Quantum inspired binary neural network algorithm, 16thInternational Conference on Software Engineering, Artificial Intelligence, Networking and Parallel/Distributed Computing (SNPD), IEEE Computational Intelligence Society Conference (CIS), Takamatsu, Japan, pp. 1-6, June 2015 (Rank B).
Quantum Computing, Machine Learning, Deep Learning, Hybrid Machine Learning Algorithm, Pattern Recognition.
- Project Title: A Novel Scalable High-Performance Machine Learning Algorithms for NGS Analysis of Genomics Data at Exascale Level
Funds Approved: 24.96 Lakhs (INR)
Funding Agency: National Supercomputing Mission (NSM)
Investigators: Dr. Aruna Tiwari (IIT Indore); Dr. Milind Ratnaparkhe (ICAR-IISR, Indore); Dr. Neha Bharill ( Mahindra University, Hyderabad) and Dr. Om Prakash Patel (Mahindra University, Hyderabad)
- Experience of writing research proposal and submitted a research grant-funding proposal in Joint collaboration of IIT Indore-CEERI Pilaniwith the principle investigator Dr. Aruna Tiwari.
- The project title is “Design of Quantum inspired Fuzzy based Neural Network for Multi-class and its Hardware Realization”.
- The project of cost 3 lakhs is approved and its reference number is (139/IITI-CEERI Joint project/16-17).
- Status:Successfully completed the project of Design of Quantum inspired Fuzzy based Neural Network for Multi-class and its Hardware Realization.
Organized workshop on “High Performance Computing in the Agriculture Domain” under the National Supercomputing Mission (NSM), Supercomputer Education and Research Center (SERC) jointly conducted by Mahindra University, IIT Indore, ICAR-IISR Indore in collaboration with C-DAC Pune, IISC Bangalore, IIT Kharagpur from 14thJuly to 16th July, 2021. (Organizers: Dr. Neha Bharill and Dr. Om Prakash Patel from Mahindra University Hyderabad, and Dr. Aruna Tiwari from IIT Indore, and Dr. Milind Ratnaparkhe from Indian Institute of Soybean Research (ICAR-IISR) Indore)
- Speaker in 3rd National Workshop on Computational Intelligence (NWCI-2019) at Jaypee Institute of Information Technology Noida.
- Speaker in AICTE sponsored Two Week Faculty Development Programme on “Artificial intelligence for industry 4.0” During 22ndFeb – 8th March, 2021(Phase-I conduct by Department of Mechanical Engineering of CMR Institute of Technology Hyderabad
- Delivered a talk on “Evolutionary Quantum Algorithms” in five-day Faculty Development Programme on “Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning using Python” in association with E & ICT academy, NIT Warangal sponsored by Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology (MeitY), GOI during 13th – 18th December 2021
EDITOR/ SPECIAL SESSIONS/ REVIEWER:
- Organizing Special Session on “Evolutionary Quantum inspired Machine Learning Algorithms” at IEEE Congress on Evolutionary Computation (IEEE CEC 2022) under the umbrella of IEEE WCCI 2022, Padua, Italy, 18 July to 23 July, 2022 (Rank A Conference) (Organizers: Om Prakash Patel, Dr. Neha Bharill from Mahindra University, Dr. Mukesh Prasad from University of Technology Sydney Australia, and Dr. Khaldoon Dhou from Texas A&M University – Central Texas)
- Organized Special session on “Hybrid Machine Learning Algorithms and Applications” in International Conference on Emerging Techniques in Computational Intelligence, Mahindra University, Hyderabad, 25-27 Aug, 2021. (Organizers: Om Prakash Patel and Dr. Neha Bharill from Mahindra University, and Dr. K.V. Sambasiva Rao from NRI Institute of Technology Pothavarappadu, and Dr. Dheeraj Rane from Medi-Caps University, Indore, India)
- Organized Special Session on “Scalable Incremental Fuzzy Learning Techniques for Big Data and Genome Sequence Analysis” atIEEE International Conference on Fuzzy Systems (FUZZ-IEEE 2021), Luxembourg, Europe,11th July to 14th July, 2021 (Rank A Conference) (Organizers: Neha Bharill and Dr. Om Prakash Patel from Mahindra University, and Dr. Aruna Tiwari from IIT Indore, and Dr. Milind Ratnaparkhe from Indian Institute of Soybean Research (ICAR-IISR) Indore)
- Organized Special Session on “Evolutionary Quantum inspired Machine Learning Algorithms” at IEEE Congress on Evolutionary Computation (IEEE CEC 2021), Krakow, Poland, 28thJune to 1st July, 2021 (Rank A Conference) (Organizers: Om Prakash Patel, Dr. Neha Bharill from Mahindra University, Dr. Omprakash Kaiwartya Senior Lecturer, School of Science & Technology, Nottingham Trent University (NTU), United Kingdom (UK) and Dr. Manoranjan Mohanty Senior Lecturer, Center for Forensic Science at the Faculty of Science, University of Technology Sydney (UTS), Sydney, Australia)
- Organized a Special Session on “Soft Computing: Feature Extraction and Learning on Image and Text Data” under 2019 IEEE International Conference On Systems, Man, And Cybernetics going to be held in Bari, Italy, October 2019.
- Organized a Special Session on “Evolutionary Algorithms and Applications” under 2019 Soft Computing for Problem Solving – SocProS 2019 going to be held in Liverpool Hope University, Liverpool UK.
- Reviewer of Neural Processing Letters, Springer
- Reviewer of Neural Computing & Applications, Springer
- Reviewer of Soft Computing, Springer
- Reviewer of Int. J. of Business Intelligence and Data Mining, Inderscience
- Reviewer of IEEE SSCI 2018, SocPros and many conferences.
- Reviewer of FUZZ-IEEE , IEEE CEC, IEEE IJCNN 2020