Prafulla Kalapatapu, Faculty member in Department of Computer Science, at Mahindra University, École Centrale School of Engineering, institute is in collaboration involving the Mahindra Group and École Central Paris (now CentraleSupélec).
Prof Prafulla is an astute professional with zeal to excel in all spheres of Teaching and research-oriented assignments. Over 20 years of teaching experience at leading Indian academic institutions like BITS, Pilani, Hyderabad, especially worked in diverse areas such as Object Oriented Technologies, Machine Learning extending into Deep Learning, Data Mining, Information retrieval, Compiler Constructions and Programming languages. Guided and delivered many research-oriented projects in undergraduate and post graduate level in the areas of Music Information Retrieval, Machine Learning, E-Business and Structural Health Monitoring.
At Mahindra University, along with one of the Civil Engineering faculty colleague, founded and started Center of Excellence, “Center for Sustainable Infrastructure and Systems (CSIS)”, an interdisciplinary research center with the blend of Computer Science and Civil Engineering. Center works primarily in the area of Machine Learning and Data Analytics for Civil Engineering applications, especially in Heritage Structures and structural health monitoring. Our team has published over 20 articles on how machine learning algorithms like CNNs, RNNs, GANs can be utilized in estimating the structural health of a construction using images and other sensor data, which is imperative in replacing destructive testing techniques with non-destructive ones. Co-chaired for NIKETH-2018- Housing Chronicles of India. I am further exploring how to leverage computing in civil engineering.
Prof Prafulla is in collaboration with Professor’s from University of Austin, Texas and University of Florida dealing with research projects. Chaired IEEE and ACM Technically sponsored series of International Conference on Machine Learning and Data Sciences (ICMLDS) for two consecutive years and also served as Organizational Chair for IEEE Technically Co-sponsored International Conference on Emerging Trends in Computational Intelligence (ICETCI). Apart from this organized many interdisciplinary events.
Possess excellent leadership, administrative, verbal communication and written skills. Proven ability to successfully work to tight schedules and deadlines.
- Birla Institute of Science & Technology (BITS), Pilani, India.
Ph.D. (Submitted) in Computer Science Engineering
- Satyabhama University, Chennai, India.
M.Tech in Computer Science & Information Systems
- Jawaharlal Nehru Technological University Hyderabad, India.
B.Tech in Computer Science & Information Systems
2017 - Present
- Academic Associate (2017 Aug – till day)
Dept of CSE, Mahindra University, Ecole Centrale School of Engineering, Hyderabad
2010 - 2017
- Lecturer (2010 Apr – 2017 July)
Dept of CSIS, BITS-Pilani, Hyderabad Campus.
2009 - 2010
- Assistant Professor (2009 Jun – 2010 Apr)
Dept of CSE, Chaitanya Bharati Institute of Technology (CBIT) Hyderabad.
2007 - 2009
- Assistant Professor (2007 July – 2009 Jun)
Dept of CSE, The Oxford Engineering College, VTU, India.
2003 - 2007
- Assistant Professor (2003 Jun – 2007 Jun)
Dept of CSE, Vignan’s Engg College, JNTU, Hyderabad.
2002 - 2003
- Software Trainee Programmer (April 2002 – June 2003)
IDM Division, Tata Consultancy Services, Hyderabad.
- Reddy S.S., Chevitipalli S.A., Pasupuleti V.D.K.,Kalapatapu P. (2021) Finite Element Analysis of Ancient Thousand Pillar Temple in Southern India . In: Ioannides M., Fink E., Cantoni L., Champion E. (eds) Digital Heritage. Progress in Cultural Heritage: Documentation, Preservation, and Protection. EuroMed 2020. Lecture Notes in Computer Science, vol 12642. Springer, Cham. https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-030-73043-7_41
- Gandham L.M., Kota J.R., Kalapatapu P., Pasupuleti V.D.K. (2021) A Survey on Current Heritage Structural Health Monitoring Practices Around the Globe. In: Ioannides M., Fink E., Cantoni L., Champion E. (eds) Digital Heritage. Progress in Cultural Heritage: Documentation, Preservation, and Protection. EuroMed 2020. Lecture Notes in Computer Science, vol 12642. Springer, Cham. https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-030-73043-7_48
- Kadarla S., Beeram S.K., Kalapatapu P., Pasupuleti V.D.K. (2021) Concrete Crack Detection from Video Footage for Structural Health Monitoring . In: Rizzo P., Milazzo A. (eds) European Workshop on Structural Health Monitoring. EWSHM 2020. Lecture Notes in Civil Engineering, vol 127. Springer, Cham. https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-030-64594-6_9
- Vundekode N.R., Kalapatapu P., Pasupuleti V.D.K. (2021) A Study on Vision Based Method for Damage Detection in Structures. In: Rizzo P., Milazzo A. (eds) European Workshop on Structural Health Monitoring. EWSHM 2020. Lecture Notes in Civil Engineering, vol 127. Springer, Cham. https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-030-64594-6_11
- K. C. Paramkusham, P. Kalapatapu and V. D. K. Pasupuleti, " Building Digi-Encyclopedia of Indian Traditional Houses Using Augmented Reality ," 2021 International Conference on Emerging Techniques in Computational Intelligence (ICETCI), 2021, pp. 34-38, doi: 10.1109/ICETCI51973.2021.9574053.
- V. Naraharisetty, V. S. Talari, S. Neridu,P. Kalapatapu and V. D. K. Pasupuleti, "Cloud Architecture For IOT Based Bridge Monitoring Applications," 2021 International Conference on Emerging Techniques in Computational Intelligence (ICETCI), 2021, pp. 39-42, doi: 10.1109/ICETCI51973.2021.9574044.
- P. Govardhan, P. Kalapatapu and V. D. K. Pasupuleti, " Identification of Multiple Cracks on Beam using Fuzzy Logic," 2021 International Conference on Emerging Techniques in Computational Intelligence (ICETCI), 2021, pp. 165-169, doi: 10.1109/ICETCI51973.2021.9574059.
Nedunuri S., Thota N., Pasupuleti V.D.K., Kalapatapu P. (2020), “Investigation of Crack Properties Using Image Processing: An User Interface” . In: Babu K., Rao H., Amarnath Y. (eds) Emerging Trends in Civil Engineering. Lecture Notes in Civil Engineering, vol 61. Springer, Singapore. https://doi.org/10.1007/978-981-15-1404-3_8
2018 & Before
- Daka T., Udatha L., Pasupuleti V.D.K., Kalapatapu P., Rajaram B. (2018), “ Ancient Sandbox Technique: An Experimental Study Using Piezoelectric Sensors” . In: Ioannides M. et al. (eds) Digital Heritage. Progress in Cultural Heritage: Documentation, Preservation, and Protection. EuroMed 2018. Lecture Notes in Computer Science, vol 11197. Springer, Cham. https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-030-01765-1_20
- K. Abhinav, Aditya Varma, P. Venkata Dilip Kumar, K. Prafulla, R. Bharghava and Rishaad Rishaad. DisCom: A Robust Post-Disaster Communication Infrastructure. 17th International symposium on new technologies for Urban Safety of Mega Cities in Asia (USMCA-2018), India, Dec.12-14.
- N. Sravya, T. Nihitha, P. Venkata Dilip Kumar and K. Prafulla. Crack Detection and Analysis Using Image Processing Techniques. International Conference on Advanced Engineering and Information Technology, Malaysia, Dec.7-9, (2017).
- Prafulla Kalapatapu, Tejas NN, Siddarth D, Bhaswant, Prakhar Gupta, Aruna.M. "A novel similarity measure: Voronoi Audio Similarity for Genre classification", Inderscience Journal, International Journal of Intelligent Systems Technologies and Applications (IJISTA). (SCOPUS, SCI Indexed).
- Prafulla Kalapatapu, Srihita G, Prasanna A, Aruna.M. "A Study On Feature Selection And Classification Techniques Of Indian Music" in articles of 7th International Conference on Emerging Ubiquitous Systems and Pervasive Networks (EUSPN-2016) with Elsevier Computer Science Procedia, Vol 98 Pg: 121-130, September , 2016. (SCOPUS, SCI Indexed).
- Prafulla Kalapatapu, U.Dubey, Aruna.M. "Playlist generation based on user perception of songs" in proceedings of IEEE International Conference on Signal processing and communication engineering systems (SPACES’ 15), with IEEE Catalog Number: CFP1568Z-ART ISBN: 978-1-4799-6109-2 (pp. 44-47), January , 2015.
- Prafulla Kalapatapu, Aruna.M, presented paper on "Smart Playlist generation using data mining techniques" in International Conference on Advanced Computing, Networking and Security (ADCONS’ 11), Springer LNCS 7135, p. 217, 2012. (SCOPUS, SCI Indexed).
- Song Similarity using Content based features
- Music Information Retrieval
- Computer Vision
- Heritage Conservation through Artificial Intelligence
- Augmented Reality and Mixed Reality
- Structural Health Assessment and Monitoring.
- Applications of Artificial Intelligence in Civil Engineering.