Dr. Shabnam Samima is currently working as an Assistant Professor in the Department of Computer Science and Engineering at École Centrale School of Engineering, Mahindra University, Hyderabad.
She received her B. Tech. degree in Information Technology from Murshidabad College of Engineering and Technology (Affiliated with West Bengal University of Technology) in the year 2012. In 2014, she received her M. Tech. degree in the specialization of Software Engineering at the National Institute of Technology Durgapur. She completed her Ph.D. program at the Indian Institute of Technology Kharagpur in 2021. She joined the CSE department of Mahindra University (MU) as an Assistant Professor on 18th July 2022. Before joining (MU), she was working as an Assistant professor at GITAM University Hyderabad since August 2020.
Her research interests include Signal Processing, Feature Extraction, Noise Reduction, FFT, Event-Related Potential, Brain-Computer Interaction, Machine Learning, Artificial Intelligence, Image and Video Processing, Steganography, and Human Reliability Assessment. Also, she is an active reviewer for journals like Cognition Technology and Work (Springer), Sensors (IEEE), Access (IEEE), Journal of Biomedical and Health Informatics (IEEE), and Transactions on Biomedical Engineering (IEEE).
Ph. D. from IIT Kharagpur on Human Reliability Assessment using Vigilance and Mental Workload of a Human.
M. Tech. in Software Engineering from NIT Durgapur in 2014 (Third position in the department).
B. Tech. in Information Technology from W.B.U.T (Murshidabad College of Engineering and Technology) in 2012 (1st position in the department).
12th from Kendriya Vidyalaya, Berhampore (West Bengal) affiliated to CBSE in 2008.
10th from GitaRam Academy, Berhampore (West Bengal) affiliated to CISCE in 2006.
- Assistant Professor, Department of Computer Science and Engineering, Mahindra University, (since July 2022
- Assistant Professor, Department of Computer Science and Engineering, GITAM University, Hyderabad Campus (August 2020 – June 2022)
- Teaching Assistant for Programming and Data Structures Lab (Spring Semester, 2017), Indian Institute of Technology Kharagpur.
- 6 months of project experience Standardization of Virtual Keyboard in Indic Languages at IIT Kharagpur, sponsored by Department of Information Technology, Ministry of Information and Communication Technology, Govt. of India. (July 2014-December 2014.
- Samima, S. and Sarma, M., “PSPHERE: person specific human error estimation”, Journal of Reliable Intelligent Environments, 8, pages-133–164 (2022). doi: https://doi.org/10.1007/s40860-021-00146-1.
- Samima, S. and Sarma, M., “Mental Workload Level Assessment based on compounded Hysteresis Effect”, Cognitive Neurodynamics, 2022. doi: https://doi.org/10.1007/s11571-022-09830-1.
- Samima, S., Sarma, M., Samanta, D., and Prasad, G., 2019. “Estimation and quantification of vigilance using ERPs and eye blink rate with a fuzzy model-based approach.” Cognition, Technology & Work, 21(3), pp. 517-533.
- Roy, Ratnakirti, Shabnam Samima, and Suvamoy Changder. “A map-based image steganography scheme for RGB images.” International Journal of Information and Computer Security 7.2-4 (2015): 196-215.
- Samima, S. and Sarma, M., “EEG-Based Mental Workload Estimation”, 2019 41st Annual International Conference of the IEEE Engineering in Medicine and Biology Society (EMBC). IEEE, 2019.
- Cheema, B. S., Samima, S., Sarma, M., & Samanta, D. (2018, July). “Mental Workload Estimation from EEG Signals Using Machine Learning Algorithms.” In International Conference on Engineering Psychology and Cognitive Ergonomics (pp. 265-284). Springer, Cham.
- Samima, Shabnam, Monalisa Sarma, and Debasis Samanta. “Correlation of P300 ERPs with visual stimuli and its application to vigilance detection.” 2017 39th Annual International Conference of the IEEE Engineering in Medicine and Biology Society (EMBC). IEEE, 2017.
- Samima, Shabnam, Monalisa Sarma, and Debasis Samanta. “Detecting Vigilance in People Performing Continual Monitoring Task.” International Conference on Intelligent Human Computer Interaction. Springer, Cham, 2017.
- SR Sreeja, Vaidic Joshi, Shabnam Samima, Anushri Saha, Joytirmoy Rabha, Baljeet Singh Cheema, Debasis Samanta, Pabitra Mitra. “BCI augmented text entry mechanism for people with special needs.” International Conference on Intelligent Human Computer Interaction. Springer, Cham, 2016.
- Samima, Shabnam, Ratnakirti Roy, and Suvamoy Changder. “Secure key based image realization steganography.” 2013 IEEE Second International Conference on Image Information Processing (ICIIP-2013). IEEE, 2013.
- Brain-Computer Interaction
- Human Reliability Assessment
- Image Steganography
- Image and Video Processing