Dr. Sreedhar Madichetty (Sree) is a prolific researcher and has published more than 100 publications in Web of Science Indexed publications and have been cited by top experts from all over the world in the last five years. From among these publications, one article has achieved highest downloaded paper for year 2022 in “IET Electrical System in Transportation”, and one has got an excellent paper of the year -2020 award from ” CSEE Journal of Power and Energy Systems”, published by IEEE. Sree works mainly in the areas of sustainable cyber physical systems. Based on his area of expertise, it published 1 full text book and 2 book chapters in Elsevier. Further, some of his innovative work was filed as patents, among 4 of them have been published.
Besides his creative publications, it also contributes back to the research community through his contributions as a program committee member, editorial member (Associate Editor- IET Power Electronics, Guest Editor- Energies, Associate Editor- International Journal of Electric Power and Energy Systems (Elsevier), Editor-Green Electricity (Academic Publishing)), IEEE task force TC5 standards committee, IEEE PELS/PES/IAS joint secretary at IEEE Hyderabad section, IEEE student branch chair at Ecole Centrale School of Engineering, and peer-reviewer at top IET/ IEEE journals and conferences etc., Also Sree acts as chair for many conferences/ workshops conducted at national level and international level, for instance at “The first international conference on Cyber physical systems, power electronics and electric vehicles- ICPEEV 2023”. These high-impact conferences pick experts who are at the pinnacle of the field. Sree was also invited as a key note speakers at many conferences/ workshops held at India and abroad. Further, Sree is very active in exchanging the ideas with international community by hold visiting scientist position with Technological University Dublin- Ireland, Tenaga Nasional University (UNITEN)- Malaysia, and with many renowned Indian institutes for instance Indian Institute of Technology Delhi, New Delhi- India etc.,
With his extensive practical research experience, Sree also contributed to the development of Solar Array Emulator software, an open-source solar photovoltaic panel understanding tool, harmonic analyser and remote labs software development kit for student community during COVID-19. The open-source tools developed by Sree are used by top universities as a part of their curriculum. Dr. S M Chetty serves as a Board of Studies member at various engineering institutes in India and other countries and helps review and refine the curriculum and regulations. This helps ensure the curriculum and regulations meet the changing requirements of the engineering industry and research.
By recognizing his creative knowledge, Indian government and private industries has sponsored many project grants worth approximately 0.24 M USD as a principal investigator to execute various research projects related to solar electric vehicle charging, solar curve tester, microgrid research test bed development etc., Sree also very keen to leverage his knowledge to juniors by considering them as a doctoral students (6 Nos) are making them future ready. Also, sree developed an independent lab with international standards where 10 members are working as research staff. The efforts to research community was recognized by IEEE by elevating to senior member in IEEE in 2021. His expertise was recognized by his peers and invited as an expert to examine various master’s and doctoral thesis in India and invited as an expert to evaluate research projects under horizon 2020 projects.
- Nov 2014 – Ph.D. in Electrical Engineering (Power Electronics and Control Systems) KIIT University, Bhubaneswar.
Thesis: “Some Studies on Design Aspects and Experimental Verification of Modular Multilevel Converter”;
Advisors: Dr. Abhijit Dasgupta, Dr. C K Panigrahi, (External – Prof. J Nanda (IIT Delhi)).
- May 2012 – M. Tech (Topper and Gold Medal Winner with 9.62 CGPA) in Power Electronics and Drive Systems, KIIT University – Bhubaneswar, India Thesis: “Selective Harmonic Elimination of 3 Phase Inverter”; Advisors: Prof. Abhijit Dasgupta
- May 2010 – B.Tech. in Electrical and Electronics Engineering, JNTU Anantapur, Anantapur, Andhra Pradesh, India.
- 01st Aug 2021 Associate Professor at Department of Electrical and Electronics Engineering, Ecole Centrale School of Engineering, Mahindra University
2020 - 2021
- 01st April 2020-31st July 2021– Assistant Professor at Department of Electrical and Electronics Engineering, Ecole Centrale School of Engineering, Mahindra University
2019 - 2020
- 01st Sep-2019 to 30th March 2020- Senior Research Fellow, Civil Structural and Environmental Engineering, Trinity College Dublin, Ireland
2010 - 2019
- 01st Nov-2017 – 26th Aug-2019: SERB National Post-Doctoral Research Fellow (NPDF) in department of Electrical Engineering, Indian Institute of Technology, New Delhi. NPDF was sponsored by Science and Engineering Research Board (SERB), Department of science and technology, Govt. of India
2014 - 2017
- 12th Nov-2014 – 31st October-2017: Lecturer in Department of Electrical, Electronics and Instrumentation Engineering, Birla Institute of Technology and Science, Pilani, India
- 4th Aug 2014 – 31st October-2014: Assistant Professor in Department of Electrical and Electronics Engineering, GMR Institute of Technology, India
2012 - 2014
- 9th July 2012 – 31st July 2014: Assistant Manager at M/s Bharti Realty Limited ( Bharti Airtel)
2010 - 2012
- Aug 2010 – May 2012: Teaching Assistant at KIIT University, Bhubaneswar
IET / IEEE Transactions:
Springer/ T&F/ Wiley ( SCI- Publications) :
IEEE Conference Papers:
- M. K. Banda, S. Madichetty and S. Mishra, "Design of ANN Based Controller for Battery Charging Using Synchronous Buck Converter," 2022 22nd National Power Systems Conference (NPSC), New Delhi, India, 2022, pp. 178-182, doi: 10.1109/NPSC57038.2022.10069387.
- V. S. P. Machina, S. S. Koduru, S. Madichetty and S. Mishra, "Design of ANN Based Controller for Cyberattack Detection in DC-DC Buck Converter," 2022 22nd National Power Systems Conference (NPSC), New Delhi, India, 2022, pp. 460-464, doi: 10.1109/NPSC57038.2022.10068889.
- Pushkar, K., Napa, N., Madichetty, S., Agrawal, M. K., Tamma, B. (2022). Thermal Analysis of Lithium Ion Battery Pack with Different Cooling Media (No. 2022-28-0043). SAE Technical Paper ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627 DOI: https://doi.org/10.4271/2022-28-0043
- V. S. P. Machina, K. S. Suprabhath and S. Madichetty, "Fault Detection in Solar Photovoltaic Systems During Winter Season- A Deep Learning Approach,"2022 IEEE Texas Power and Energy Conference (TPEC), 2022, pp. 1-6, doi: 10.1109/TPEC54980.2022.9750828. (IAS Journal extension)
- S. S. Koduru, V. S. P. Machina and S. Madichetty, "Real-Time Implementation of Deep Learning Technique in Microcontroller-Based DC-DC Boost Converter- A Design Approach," 2022 IEEE Delhi Section Conference (DELCON), 2022, pp. 1-6, doi: 10.1109/DELCON54057.2022.9753325.
- S. P. C. Machina, S. S. Koduru and S. Madichetty, "Solar Energy Forecasting Using Deep Learning Techniques," IEEE 2022 2nd International Conference on Power Electronics & IoT Applications in Renewable Energy and its Control (PARC), 2022, pp. 1-6, doi: 10.1109/PARC52418.2022.9726605.
- K.S. Suprabhath, S.P.C. Machina, S. Madichetty, ”A Review on Forecasting Models and Anomaly Detection for Household Energy Consumption”, IEEEC Smart generation conference,Banglore, 23-25 Dec 2022.
- S.P.C.Machina, K. S. Suprabhath, S. Madichetty “Artificial Neural Network controller and False data injection attack detection mechanism for Buck converter”, IEEE 22nd National Power System Conference 2022, IIT Delhi, 17-19 Dec 2022.
- Mohan Krishna, K. S. Suprabhath, S.P.C.Machina, S. Madichetty “A Deep Learning Based Cyber Attack Detection and Mitigation Scheme in Synchronous Buck Converter”, Power Electronics Drives and Energy Systems 2022, MNIT Jaipur, 14-17 Dec 2022
- Book chapter on Battery Charging Technologies for EV, Authors Sreedhar Madichetty, Shanti Kumar and Mohan Krishna, Elsevier Publications, Edited by M H Rashid, Electric Vehicle Technology 1st Edition - 2022
Book chapter on Resonant and Soft switching converters, Authors Sreedhar
Madichetty, Shanti Kumar and Mohan Krishna, Elsevier Publications, Edited
by M H Rashid, Power Electronics 6th Edition – 2022
- Distributed control of DC/AC Microgrid using Renewable Energy Sources
- Development of DC-DC / DC-AC converters using NI LabView and DSPiC
- Application of Deep Learning Techniques to Power Electronic Applications
- Cyber Security at Hardware level to Power Electronic systems
- Application of smart intelligent techniques to high voltage AC/ DC Power Electronic Systems
- High penetration of renewable energy systems using power electronic converters
- Design and development of charging station for electrical vehicles
- Smart charging for EVs, Grid to Vehicle, Vehicle to Grid, Vehicle to Vehicle
- Development of DC/AC microgrid
- Observer based control and estimation applications in DC/AC grid
- Integration of Battery-Supercapacitor systems for EV’s
- Framework for EV’s and Renewable energy penetration in to Indian Market
- Control and Protection of DC/AC microgrid
- IET Electrical Systems in Transportation’s highest-downloaded paper in 2022: ‘New trends in electric motors and selection for electric vehicle propulsion systems’, https://www.linkedin.com/feed/update/urn:li:activity:7012024842501652480/
- Selected for Indian National Academy of Engineering mentoring program for engineering teachers at IIT Delhi, under the guidance of Prof. Dr. Janardan Nanda (FIEEE, FINA, FINAE, FTWAS).
- M.Tech Topper with 9.62 CGPA with Vice Chancellor MEDAL.
- Received Best Scholastic Award from Inter science research network, Bhubaneswar in 2011.
- Received Gold Medal for outstanding performance and best paper presentation from Inter Science Research Network, Bhubaneswar in 2011.
- Received Outstanding Academic excellence reward from M/s Bharti Realty Limited, Gurgaon in 2012.
- Received Excellence reward from M/s Bharti Realty Limited for outstanding contribution for executing the 66/11 kV GIS substation.
- Received Best Poster Presentation award from Prof. P. P. Mathur (VC, KIIT Univeristy), Prof. Suman Chakrabarthy (Bhatnagar Awardee,IIT KGP), Prof. V.Chandra sekhar(Director, NISER) on 28.02.2014 on occasion of National Science Day at KIIT University, Bhubaneswar.
- Received Best paper award in 2015 Annual IEEE India Conference (INDICON), New Delhi, India, 2015.
- Best presentation award at 2017 IEEE International Conference on Green Energy at Nanyang Technical University- Singapore 23rd July-26th July-2017.
- Best reviewer contribution award for International Journal of Electrical Power and Energy Systems June-2017.
- Received Seal of Excellence by “European Commission” for the project MSCA-2018-841470 titled “Universal High power Pulsed Electric Field Generation using power electronic systems”.
- SERB International travel grant of Rs. 1,60,000 was sanctioned to attend an international conference on Smart grid at Nanyang Technical University, Singapore.
- Awarded with a National Post-Doctoral Fellowship by Science and Engineering Research Board, DST, Govt. of India Rs. 24,60,000.
- Excellent paper Award in IEEE-CSEE JPES for the Year -2020. Article Title “A Standalone BLDC Based Solar Air Cooler with MPP Tracking for Improved Efficiency”
- Indian Patent Published ”Title of the invention : A HIGHLY EFFICIENT METHODOLOGY FOR SOLAR PV FARMS BY USING SYNCHRONOUS BYPASS AND BLOCKING SWITCHES” 202241029100 , Inventors: Sreehdar madichetty, Shantikumar and Nandini
- Indian Patent Published “202141029196”, “HYBRID HARDWARE MAXIMUM POWER POINT TECHNIQUE FOR SOLAR PHOTOVOLTAIC PANELS”, 14th Jan 2022, Inventors: Dr. Sreedhar Madichetty, Mr. Abdul Kareem
- Indian Patent Filed ” 202241008481″, “SENSORLESS PARTIAL/ FULL SHADED SOLAR PHOTOVOLTAIC PANEL DETECTION TECHNIQUE FOR AN SPV STRING/ARRAY” Dt:- 02nd Feb 2022, Inventors: Dr. Sreedhar Madichetty, YVS Manoj, Abdul Kareem, Shanti Kumar and Sukumar Mishra
- Filed an Indian Patent IDF/11/2017/97, Variable High Gain DC to DC boost converter Inventors: Prof. Sukumar Mishra, Dr. Sreedhar Madichetty
- Filed an Indian Patent IDF/11/2017/100, Coordinated Grid Solar PV Frequency Response Charger Inventors: Prof. Sukumar Mishra, Dr. Sreedhar Madichetty, Mr. Bhanu Duggal
Commercial Products Developed
- High gain DC-DC boost converter (12 to 220 V DC)
- Solar charge controller with MPPT
- Solar PV array emulator (50V 20A), (50V 40A), (100V 10A), (100V 20A)
- Redox flow battery emulator (48V 20A)
- DC microgrid research test-bed (5 kW) bi directional converter
- Fuel Cell Emulator (60V 12A)
- AC microgrid research testbed
- Data logger ( Analog, Digital and RS 485 with Real time clock)
- Isolated DC to DC Converter- 12V 50 A
- Non isoloated DC to DC Converter- 100V 30 A
- Awarded with research grant from Department of Science and Technology Sponsored ” Off-grid PV-VRFB-SC based Electic Vehicle Charging Infrastructure”- 1,91,550,00.00 INR
- Awarded with a research funding to develop a EV Charging Infrastructure from Department of Science and Technology for a project from 2022-2025 with a funding of 191.55 Lakh INR.
- SERB International travel grant of Rs. 1,60,000 was sanctioned to attend an international conference on Smart grid at Nanyang Technical University, Singapore
- Awarded with a National Post-Doctoral Fellowship by Science and Engineering Research Board, DST, Govt. of India with a Funding amount of 24 Lakh INR ; Execution period 2017-19
- Awarded with a start-up research grant to develop secure cyber physical based microgrid by Science and Engineering Research Board, DST, Govt. of India with a funding of 30 Lakh INR; Execution Period 2020-2022
- Awarded with a research funding to develop a plug and play based IV curve tracer for PV Panel by Department of Science and Technology for a project from 2021-2024 with a funding of 45.4 Lakh INR.
- Awarded with a research funding India Nippon Electrical Limited for a project from 2021-2022 with a funding of 3 Lakh INR